Saturday, November 15, 2008

Students Suffer from Second Year Syndrome

By contributing writer Tapas Lovely

This semester, MS2 students are having a different attitude with regards to their studying habits. The general consensus after the first pathology quiz was that passing the boards is no longer an option. Rather, students should divert all attention to writing the best damn health issues paper known to man. After speaking with fellow classmates about their topics, I found a refreshingly new one-up attitude that I had so unhappily believed had disappeared from the medical student spirit.

Class GQ extraordinaire Dustin Bean told me that he was going to prove that the WHO's analysis of US healthcare standings is actually all bogus. We don't have a high infant mortality, but rather a high Penguin mortality. I couldn't help but play back the lyrics to "Where have all the penguins gone?" by Paula Cole, aka hairy armpit lady. Hmm...interesting. Bethany Peed overheard our conversation and became so enraged for not being able to come up with Dustin's magnificent idea herself, she burst into flames. Poof. One less fire-breathing dragon.

But don't celebrate yet kids- we have a lot more to do before we're MD's. As Dr. Panting would say "We have to redefine what an MD is. What does it mean to be an MD? (Medically Deranged) Who determines the value of an MD?" (Dr. Glutton and his band of culturally competent chimpanzees) I challenge you to think about these questions profoundly, as we move forth to becoming a part of the distinguished few who had the courage to forget their loved ones so that they could remember the indications for Doxycycline. God Bless Medicine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Posts are getting meaner- I like it!