Sunday, March 2, 2008

Professor Resigns, Pursues Comedy Career

Dr. Gill, a professor in the medical sciences at the FSU COM, has recently announced his resignation from the school in order to pursue a new career. What new career you ask? A career in comedy. How did he come to such a decision? You aren’t the only one pondering this. Fortunately, Dr. Gill agreed to be interviewed and shared his thoughts on the matter.

“I always knew teaching wasn’t my biggest strength, but it’s teaching at the medical school that has brought me to where I am today and has led me to this decision,” said Gill. “It was while I was teaching one day that I had the epiphany. There I was, lecturing on the cell cycle, when I realized that my delivery made words like apoptosis and oncogenes sound like a great punch line. Cell death has never before sounded so comical! Sometimes I am so funny in class that I just can’t contain myself and a little giggle comes out here and there. I realize that this may be considered unprofessional, which is why I’ve decided to resign and pursue a career in comedy,” commented Gill.

Dr. Gill will be greatly missed by all the students. Though they seldom laughed along, they are certainly supportive of his decision to seek out this new interest. It is likely that Dr. Gill will be leaving on tour before the term is up, and as a result, someone will need to teach his class for the remainder of the semester. Most predict that Dr. Von Nottingham will be given this position. Dr. Von Nottingham had no response to this prediction and only commented saying “Live the dream.”

“I realize that students don’t always ‘get’ my humor,” mentioned Gill, “but I think my style is geared towards a more mature audience. There are a few in the class who I would hear chuckle occasionally, and I think they are really starting to get it. For now, I’m just going to see where this takes me, and hope that there are enough people out there who are more mature than our students, to support my comedy tour.”

No comments: